The Centre for Minor Surgery
5109 Steeles Avenue West – Unit 300
Toronto, ON M9L 2Y8
Phone: (416) 663-9649
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
The Centre for Minor Surgery (CFMS) was formed in 2016 by Dr. Robert Backstein and Dr. Richard Backstein, brothers and Royal College-certified plastic surgeons. They provide cosmetic surgery treatments for benign and cancerous growths in Toronto that are accessible, quick, and easy, yet performed with precision and attention to safety and aesthetics.
How did CFMS come about?
Drs. Robert and Richard Backstein chose to combine their skills as plastic surgeons to establish a practice dedicated to their common interest in minor surgery. They saw a need in the community as Toronto residents were frustrated by having to obtain referrals and undergo lengthy waits to have simple—yet life-changing—procedures.
What should prospective patients know about treatment at CFMS?
- You do not need a referral to be seen by our doctors. Just book a consultation using our online form or by calling (416) 663-9649.
- Generally, no preparation is required. Most patients don’t need to stop medications, fast, or do blood work before treatment. (Make your surgeon aware of your health issues and medications to ensure your safety and the best quality of care.)
- In most cases, you can have your procedure done the day of your consultation.
Visit our FAQ for more information about our centre and minor cosmetic surgery.
What do the doctors want patients to know?
- We have devoted our professional lives to treating the very problems you are coming to see us for; we are very unique in this way.
- We are down-to-earth people who will treat you as an individual.
- We will do everything we can to make your experience as pleasant as possible.
- Be assured that both of us really have “seen it all” at this point. You don’t need to be self-conscious about your concern.
- Most likely, the problem you have been dealing with for months—or even years—can be treated quickly and easily.
Visit the following pages for more information about our doctors:
Will minor surgery leave a scar?
Many patients are under the impression that surgery performed by plastic surgeons won’t leave a scar. With all surgeries–no matter how small–scars are inevitable. Our doctors advise patients on the best way to manage the recovery process to keep anxieties about healing to a minimum. Be reassured that at CFMS we specialize in techniques that minimize scars and optimize final results.
How do I get started?
Easy online appointment request – no referral needed
Same day procedures save you time
Get back to your life without missing a beat
Meet Our Surgeons
At The Centre For Minor Surgery our goal is to provide excellence in surgical treatment for benign and cancerous growths. We strive to overcome the problem of long waiting times. No referral is needed to be seen by one of our Royal College-certified plastic surgeons.